This afternoon, I had a 1,5 hour talk on Green Marketing at Karel De Grote Hogeschool,
for an audience of marketing students.
My aim was to generate interest and show students that:
- Green is not dull
- You can see it as a marketing challenge to turn it into success, and make it part of society
- There is a good chemistry between sustainability, creativity and new media
1,5 hour is a long period to fill, so I made a program covering four main topics:
1) What is Green marketing, and the difference with Greenwashing
2) What is sustainability (the triple P model)
3) Green is the next big thing (the innovations, the shifts, the new thinking on design...)
4) Green marketing techniques, largely based on the Green Marketing Manifesto + some flattering examples of campaigns,
products and services.