Skysails turns wind into profit for cargo vessils. It is the principle of kite-surfing applied to cargo shipping. Their proposition is a pure bottomline business benefit:
"Turn wind into profit"
- A somewhat big cargo ship consumes 250 tons of raw oil a day!
- Adding a skysail on a ship can reduce 10 - 35 % of anual fuel costs
- Under optimal wind conditions, fuel consumption can be reduced by up to 50%
- A skysail is 3 times more effective per square foot of sail then traditional
- A skysail system comes with a routing system that provides companies with a means
to guide their ships to their destinations on the most cost-effective routes and
according to their shedule.